I’ve been looking forward to this literally all day and can honestly say it tastes as good as it looks – and even better, its completely syn free. Its my own twist on lamb tagine which I really love the flavour of but I’m not a fan of the fruit. This makes 2 large portions.
- 500g extra lean lamb mince meatballs
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 100g chopped green beans
- 200g chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- shake of cinnamon
- shake of black pepper
- 1 pint of vegetable stock
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Place the meatballs into a tagine dish (or ovenproof dish) and bake for 15 minutes, uncovered at 180 degrees.
- Whilst the meatballs are simmering, put into a frying pan the onion, garlic and peppers and a small splash of water and fry until nicely cooked through, adding more water as necessary.
- Add in all the spices and keep stirring for a minute or so.
- Put into the pan a pint of vegetable stock, and add the green beans.
- Leave to simmer on a high heat until the meatballs have been cooking for 15 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the tagine dish with the meatballs and put into the oven. Cook for 30/35 minutes on 160 degrees.
- Serve with steamed rice and a sprinkling of parsley.