Gorgeously rich and chocolatey, these truffles are very moreish! Can be made with either white or dark chocolate – using dark chocolate will give a much heavier truffle than white. You can coat these in whatever you like, I’ve used icing sugar and hundreds and thousands but you could get creative and coat in multiple layers of different coloured melted chocolate.
- 200g double cream
- 360g chocolate
- 50g icing sugar (plus more to coat)
- 1tsp peppermint essence
- Put the cream into a heavy bottomed pan and put on a medium heat until just boiling, then melt in the chocolate.
- One chocolate is fully melted, add in the icing sugar and peppermint essence and stir well.
- Pour out into a tin and leave to set in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Using a spoon (once set) spoon out the size you would like and roll into balls, then coat in whatever coating you like!
- Make amazing presents, or dinner party treats.
Keep these in the fridge and use within 3 days.